Outlet Services in Los Angeles
Outlet Repairs & Replacements in Fairfax
You may have never thought much about replacing your outlets. However, if your outlets are not working properly, it could be a sign of a much bigger problem. The best course of action is to call on Lightworks Electrical Services to check that there is no risk of major danger.
Whether your outlet issue can be resolved with a quick repair or replacement, or you have a more substantial underlying problem, our electricians are equipped to handle the job. We have your safety as our top priority, and our Los Angeles outlet experts will make sure the work is done right the first time.
Call (323) 307-7362 today to schedule a free estimate!
The Various Types of Outlets
You might be surprised by how many different outlets are available to install in your home. Each outlet has its own particular function. It is important that you choose the correct outlet for your specific needs.
The most common kinds of outlets include:
- 15-amp outlets: This is the most common electrical outlet in homes across the U.S. They are designed to accept standard plugs that are attached to small appliances and lamps.
- 20-amp outlets: This outlet is used for larger appliances like microwaves, dishwashers, stoves, and laundry machines.
- Switched outlets: If you want an outlet that allows you to turn it on and off, a switched outlet is what you need. It includes one port for a plug and one switch that controls the power to the outlet. You might like this option for something like a floor lamp.
- GFCI outlets: A ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet is used in locations where water might be present, including kitchens and bathrooms. The purpose is to protect people from serious shock.
- AFCI outlets: An arc fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) looks similar to a GFCI outlet. As its name implies, its job is to protect from arcs. An arc is what occurs when electricity jumps from one wire to another wire, which can lead to a fire.
- USB outlets: An outlet with integrated USB ports is a convenient way to charge phones, tablets, and more. There are two main options for this type of outlet. First, outlets that come with two regular receptacles and two USB ports. Second, outlets that have four USB ports.
- Smart outlets: Although this option may look similar to a standard 15-amp outlet, these outlets can be controlled from your smartphone. That means that you can turn them on and off from anywhere you have a wi-fi signal.
- 240-volt outlets: This type of outlet is typically installed in homes where large power tools and Level 2 EV chargers are present.
Professional Outlet Installations
As you may know, installing a new outlet in your home is not as simple as taking it out of the box and sticking it in the hole in your wall. The process involves handling a live wire, which many people simply do not like doing. On top of that, you will need to make sure that the outlet is wired correctly.
This job is best left to a professional who has years of experience performing such tasks. When you rely on Lightworks Electrical Services, there is no risk for you. Our licensed and insured electricians will get your new outlets installed quickly and safely. You will be left with peace of mind knowing that you will have power when you need and that there is not a loose wire that is going to cause a fire.
For the best outlet services in Los Angeles, contact our team now.