Electrical Panel Upgrade in Los Angeles
Our Los Angeles Electrical Panel Replacement Electricians Can Upgrade Your Home’s Electrical Capacity
If you require an electrical panel upgrade in Los Angeles, turn to the experienced electricians at Lightworks Electrical Services. We are licensed and insured, and we will make sure that the job gets done safely and correctly.
Our Fairfax electricians have your solution. Call (323) 307-7362 today to schedule a free estimate!
What Is an Electrical Panel Upgrade?
Not sure what an electrical panel upgrade is? That’s okay because you are not alone. Most homeowners are unfamiliar with this type of electrical service, and few know when they are due for it.
First of all, an electrical panel is the component of your electrical system that receives the electricity that is coming into your home from the power grid. It also transfers that energy to circuits, which then distribute power throughout your home. An electrical panel typically lasts between 25 to 40 years before needing to be replaced.
As your home ages and technology advances, your electrical panel may need to be upgraded. That means that your current panel needs to have its capacity increased so that it can handle your home’s electricity demand. Panel capacity is measured in amperage (amps). If you currently have a 100-amp service, it may need to be upgraded to a 150 or 200-amp service.
When to Upgrade Your Electrical Panel?
There are two primary indications that you should upgrade your electrical panel. The first is if you have been experiencing electrical problems in your home.
Common electrical problems that may indicate your need for electrical panel replacement include:
- Your lights are flickering - Your everyday electrical appliances like your AC and refrigerator use more electricity than you'd think. If your electrical grid is spread too thin your flickering lights will be one of the first signs of the need for electrical panel replacement.
- Your breakers trip frequently - One tripped circuit here and there isn't anything to write home about, but if you're noticing that this happens all too often then contact our Los Angeles electrical panel replacement professionals.
- You have to turn off one appliance to use another - In a properly functioning electrical grid, there shouldn't be a trade-off in power for one electrical appliance if another is turned on or off.
- Your breakers will not stay reset - It's possible that your breakers aren't functioning to the best of their abilities and while this could be fixed, it could also be a sign for electrical panel replacement.
- Your appliances are running at less than full power - Look out for appliances that are shutting off or not starting all together and if you notice anything is off the get in touch with our Los Angeles electrical panel replacement technicians.
- You feel tingling or mild shock when touching switches or appliances - Your electrical grid shouldn't produce any shocks or heat and if it does, then you're in line for an upgrade.
- You hear sizzling, crackling, or buzzing coming from receptacles - While electricity may seem to do everything, it's supposed to do so silently. If you hear your electricity, then give us a call because something isn't right.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, it could mean that your circuits are overloaded, and it is time to upgrade your electrical panel.
The second indication that you require a panel upgrade is if you are expecting to significantly increase the electricity demand in your home. For example, you are getting ready to add something to your home that requires a lot of electricity, such as an HVAC system, hot tub, or electric dryer. Or perhaps, you are planning to build on a room to your home. More space means more electricity is needed for things like lighting and air conditioning. Both of these scenarios point to your need for a panel upgrade.
Call Today to Get Started with Your Upgrade
An electrical panel upgrade is not only in your best interest because it increases your ability to use electronic devices in your home, but because it also increases your safety. If you are still uncertain if you need to upgrade the capacity of your panel, reach out to our electricians at Lightworks Electrical Services. After evaluating your home’s panel and your electrical demands, we will be able to help you make the best decision.
Contact our Los Angeles electrical panel upgrade specialists for quality workmanship and exceptional customer service.